Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Preggo Thoughts


(Sunday Funday getting pizza for lunch downtown after church enjoying the weather)

Wow this pregnancy seemed to speed by! I remember finding out I was pregnant beginning of October and counting down the weeks until my June due date and thinking that it's such. a. long. time! But here we are and I'm already in my 3rd trimester (what?!) It definitely helps that Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, Easter and 2 vacations were all in between there. Now all that is over and I just have these last 2 months or so to prepare. More mentally than anything ;) 

So, everyday I've been thinking about labor and just preparing myself because labor is so fresh in my mind still from when I had Lucy exactly 19 months ago and though that may seem like awhile the fact that I didn't get an epidural really engraved the experience in my mind. I still freshly remember the pain and it's honestly kind of difficult to wrap my mind around the fact that I have to do this again so soon. Before I was the kind of person that was like "bring it on!" I like to face pain head on and just get it over with but labor (without an epidural) is a whole different level. I had one with Juliana and barely remember the pain. 

Being pregnant a third time also doesn't mean that I'm in any way, shape or form used to the symptoms. So often I'll feel the baby moving around and think "wow my stomach is so flippy. What did I eat?" and it takes me a moment to remember that there is a living, breathing, active little baby in there! It honestly catches me by surprise still. But I'm loving the kicks and punches. They're still so small and gentle that it feels like butterflies and it's just that fun little reminder between you, the baby and God that life is growing amidst the day to day normal.

No matter where I am or what I'm doing I always imagine how the scenario would look with another little babe in the mix. Sometimes it overwhelms me and sometimes I get excited that we'll be making memories as a family of 5 (!) one day soon. 

I still can't believe we're having a boy. Even though I knew 100% it was a boy immediately after finding out I was pregnant I still can't imagine what life is like with a son. Obviously it's because I've never had one but I'm just so used to all things girly and pink and baby dolls and Disney princesses. I know my hubby is excited too but I think even he secretly doesn't know what to expect with a boy in the house haha 

Speaking of knowing it was a boy-here is a list of all the ways I knew it would a boy WEEKS before finding out for sure....

1. I read a book about raising boys called Future Men by Douglas Wilson a week after my positive test.
2. I bought a baby boy onesie that I just couldn't resist at Target
3. I went through all my girl's baby clothes and set aside anything that can be worn by a boy.
4. I prayed for him and could only picture a boy when I prayed.
5. I didn't have any morning sickness which was probably the most obvious indicator that this pregnancy was different. 
6. I started noticing families with 3 kids everywhere and particularly paid attention to anyone that had 2 girls and a boy. 
7. I started looking for boy things online and was so excited when Little Unicorn, a super cute swaddle blanket company came out with a blue and grey planet blanket. I was this.close to ordering it. I love space, planets, comets, stars, anything sky! 

Anyway, that's enough rambling for now. I'm so excited for this little baby! I've been looking at Lucy's newborn pictures and it's making me anxious to hold and love something so tiny again. Hurry up June! 

But not too fast ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs