Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Mario Badescu Skincare Product Review

mario badescu product review

I've recently been on a skin care and makeup kick. I've tried more new products this past month than probably all of last year. I've also recently come to the conclusion that it's better to invest your money into better skincare than makeup because your make up will only look as good as your skin. A new to me line that I started using-and loving-is Mario Badescu. These can all be found at Ulta and I saw a few of these at Nordstrom Rack.

1. Drying Lotion $17
What it is: Spot treatment meant to dry up pimples
How to use: Make sure bottle is settled! Dip a q-tip all the way into the pink powder and apply directly to pimple and let dry. I do this at night, sleep with it than wash off in the morning. Doesn't rub off onto pillows. Has a strong sulfar-y powdery smell. It does sting!
Results: It definitely dried up smaller pimples overnight and deeper/bigger ones after 2-3 times.
Verdict: Love. It's exactly what I was looking for. I also like the glass packaging, it's fun to use and really helps.

2. Enzyme Revitalizing Mask $20
What it is: Thin creamy mask with papaya extract meant to encourage cell turnover, remove dullness. Doesn't have a strong smell
How to use: Apple thin layer to clean face and leave on for 20 minutes.
Results: I used this a few times and I believe my skin looks a little brighter after.
Verdict: Will keep using though don't know if I'll repurchase just because I like my masks a little more intense. Also, it's a pretty small pot for the price. But who knows, maybe once I'll use the whole thing up I'll see better results and fall in love. Never say never :)

3. Glycolioc Gel $25
What it is: Thin glycolic gel meant to reduce pore congestion, minimize acne and remove dullness. Glycolic acid is used in chemical peels. This is a more diluted version but it's still strong, not recommended for sensitive skin and SPF after use is a must. Light scent, doesn't sting.
How to use: Apply thin layer over clean skin before bed. Use sparingly! I use this in place of my nighttime lotion twice a week.
Results: I notice a difference in the brightness of my skin and pore congestion seems reduced. A day or 2 after using I notice dead skin starts to sloth off when I was my face.
Verdict: Love it. Wish I could use it more frequently but I try to control myself haha

4. Rose Water Facial Spray $5
What it is: Rose and herb water meant to hydrate skin. Strong rose scent (not my favorite).
How to use: Spray over clean face for hydration or make up to help set. Use as often as you want.
Results: I pretty much bought this just because the price seems like pennies compared to other MB products. I also wanted to try it as a make up setter. My make up does look dewier after spraying this over my skin and helps blend the powders to the creams to help them stay put longer. Sometimes I spray over my clean face for a little pick me during the day. It makes me feel fresh.
Verdict: I've actually been using this more than I thought I would and really like it. I don't know if it makes any difference for your skin as far as hydration but I think it's not hurting either. Sometimes my skin just loves the boost.

Overall, I really like this line and there are SO many other products that I can't wait to try!


2 comments:

  1. those all seem like great products- i'll be sure to check some out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do and how you like them! :)

      Delete

 
site design by designer blogs