Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Latey...

It's been absolutely freezing like -9 in the morning and when it warmed up to zero (!) I finally left the house. I don't mind the cold at all but it sucks not being able to take the girlies out anywhere so they've been cooped up inside. It's probably for the best being its flu season and all...

So here's what we've been up to this past month...

The only place I absolutely make myself go is the gym. Even Target has been put on hold. I always celebrate a workout with a selfie (not pictured). Even though I feel ridiculous and hope no one sees me. I workout with a friend and having someone to meet there definitely keeps me from giving myself more rest days than I need :) 


Speaking of working out, the hubs and I are trying to lose weight (he also goes everyday. We actually take turns going so one of us is home with the girls) so we've been eating a lot of soup. This Zuppa Toscana is the 4th one this month though I'm not sure how healthy it is... It has kale so it must be ;)

But sometimes you just gotta have a waffle with ice cream and strawberries for breakfast. 

And Five Guys burgers on Valentine's Day because you're too married and have (two) many kids to go out. Just kidding. We don't really do Valentine's Day because our 1st date anniversary is the 19th and that's more special. 


We also hit up tjmaxx and old navy recently but came home empty handed because this little goofball would rather run around the store touching everything while I chase her around. As you can see here she is sneakily plotting her escape out of the cart. Side note: she loves sunglasses and I love that she loves them and let's me try 10 different pair in her :) look how cute she is! I could just eat her! 


And the best day of all this month has been the day we celebrated my little girl turning 2. I teared up all night the day before her birthday and even snuck her into bed with us so I could snuggle her while she was 1 for the last time. The emotions were on full blast that day. We just spent time as a family and were thankful for warm weather so we could go to the aquarium, get the best pizza around, visit great grandparents and back home for a cake, popcorn and a movie. Juliana's party will be next Saturday and that's when we'll invite her cousins, aunts and uncles. I'm so thankful for this girl and a day to celebrate her. There are not enough words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
site design by designer blogs